Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST) in partnership with the Asian Development Bank NGO and Civil Society Center is pleased to launch:
Click: Capturing Images of Inclusive Growth
Theme: Achieving Inclusive Growth through Partnerships in a World of Seven Billion
The competition calls for images that capture the challenges that the world of seven billion faces, as well as the efforts being taken by various stakeholders – governments, non-profits, industries and the communities – to resolve them, with inclusive growth as the overarching theme. Through this initiative for the ADB NGO Center, ASSIST hopes to educate, alert, and more importantly, inspire people to act.
- Anyone who is a citizen of any one of ADB’s 67 members* can join. ADB staff, consultants and their immediate family members are not eligible to compete.
- The secretariat will accept entries from March 15 to April 15.
- Entries must be original and not infringe on the rights of any entity.
- The competition is composed of two categories
- There is no registration fee.
- Each participant may submit up to three entries.
- Photos should show any or a combination of the following themes:
- Addressing Climate Change
- Gender and Development
- Managing the Effects of Disasters
- Food Security
- Photo-editing programs may be used, but only for basic post- processing actions for contrast, color balance, sharpening, cropping, dodging and burning. Collages will not be qualified.
- Entries should not bear watermarks, signatures, frames or other markings such as date and/or time stamps.
- Screening and final judging will be conducted by a panel of experts.
- ADB reserves the right to publish all entries on the ADB website, other relevant websites and for non-profit use by ADB and its not-for-profit partners.
- Entrants do not waive their intellectual or moral property rights by entering the contest, and will therefore retain the right to be identified as the photographer behind the image.
- Photos should be 300dpi at the minimum.
- Each entry should come with the following information on a separate sheet.
- Last name, First name
- Category: Amateur or Professional
- Complete Address
- Contact numbers and e-mail address
- 3 to 5 sentences describing when and where the photo was taken, and what is in the frame
- Title of entry
- Entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Entries should not have won in previous competitions.
- The final 8 winners for the two categories will be chosen based on the following criteria. There will be a separate category for Popularity, to be determined based on the results of Facebook and on-site voting.
- Substance, impact and creativity: 50%
- Composition, clarity and technical quality: 50%
- The prizes are:
First Prize: $600
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $400
First Prize: $500
Second Prize $400
Third Prize: $300
- Popularity Contest:
One winner of $200 for each category
*ADB members: Afghanistan; Armenia; Australia; Austria; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belgium; Bhutan; Brunei Darussalam; Cambodia; Canada; People’s Republic of China; Cook Islands; Denmark; Fiji Islands; Finland; France; Georgia; India; Germany; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Ireland; Italy; Japan; Kazakhstan; Kiribati; the Republic of Korea; Kyrgyz Republic; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Maldives; Marshall Islands; Federated States of Micronesia;, Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; The Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Pakistan; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Portugal; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Taipei, China; Sri Lanka; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Kingdom; United States; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; and Viet Nam