Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST) in partnership with the Asian Development Bank NGO and Civil Civil Society Center is pleased to launch:
Click: Capturing Images of Inclusive Growth
Theme: Achieving Inclusive Growth through Partnerships in a World of Seven Billion
The photography competition calls for images that capture the challenges that the world of seven billion faces, as well as the efforts being taken by various stakeholders – governments, non-profits, industries and the communities – to resolve them, with inclusive growth as the overarching theme. Through this initiative for the ADB NGO Center, ASSIST hopes to educate, alert, and more importantly, inspire people to act.
- Anyone who is a citizen of any one of ADB’s 67 members* can join. ADB staff, consultants and their immediate family members are not eligible to compete.
- The secretariat will accept entries from March 15 to April 15.
- Entries must be original and not infringe on the rights of any entity.
- The competition is composed of two categories
- There is no registration fee.
- Each participant may submit up to three entries.
- Photos should show any or a combination of the following themes:
- Addressing Climate Change
- Gender and Development
- Managing the Effects of Disasters
- Food Security
- Photo-editing programs may be used, but only for basic post- processing actions for contrast, color balance, sharpening, cropping, dodging and burning. Collages will not be qualified.
- Entries should not bear watermarks, signatures, frames or other markings such as date and/or time stamps.
- Screening and final judging will be conducted by a panel of experts.
- ADB reserves the right to publish all entries on the ADB website, other relevant websites and for non-profit use by ADB and its not-for-profit partners.
- Entrants do not waive their intellectual or moral property rights by entering the contest, and will therefore retain the right to be identified as the photographer behind the image.
- Photos should be 300dpi at the minimum.
- Each entry should come with the following information on a separate sheet.
- Last name, First name
- Category: Amateur or Professional
- Complete Address
- Contact numbers and e-mail address
- 3 to 5 sentences describing when and where the photo was taken, and what is in the frame
- Title of entry
- Entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Entries should not have won in previous competitions.
- The final 8 winners for the two categories will be chosen based on the following criteria. There will be a separate category for Popularity, to be determined based on the results of Facebook and on-site voting.
- Substance, impact and creativity: 50%
- Composition, clarity and technical quality: 50%
- The prizes are:
First Prize: $600
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $400
First Prize: $500
Second Prize $400
Third Prize: $300
- Popularity Contest:
One winner of $200 for each category
*ADB members: Afghanistan; Armenia; Australia; Austria; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belgium; Bhutan; Brunei Darussalam; Cambodia; Canada; People’s Republic of China; Cook Islands; Denmark; Fiji Islands; Finland; France; Georgia; India; Germany; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Ireland; Italy; Japan; Kazakhstan; Kiribati; the Republic of Korea; Kyrgyz Republic; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Maldives; Marshall Islands; Federated States of Micronesia;, Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; The Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Pakistan; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Portugal; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Taipei, China; Sri Lanka; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Turkey; Turkmenistan; United Kingdom; United States; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; and Viet Nam